Saturday, January 9, 2010

A sampler... things from my kitchen

I think that I have established that I love to cook... and that I take pictures of what I cook, so I thought I would add few fun photos of food I've cooked, baked, decorated, or otherwise prepared... have fun looking, and drooling -- I hope. Feel free to ask for recipes if you want... I will eventually get around to making it again! :)


Dinner is my favorite meal... that comes from growing up with a grandmother who cooked a full on dinner every single night... even when serving a one-dish meal like a casserole, she had to make side dishes to go with... and bread, always bread... good times for sure! 
Here are a few dinner pictures for ya! 

mmmmm......beef and mushroom stew, oh so good!




green bean casserole, you are my love! bacon, green beans, cheese... oh what's not to love! 






the bird... Thanksgiving dinner -- my homemade from scratch cornbread dressing inside all yummy... there's some in a bowl over on the right... oh what a night! 



delightfully yummy, creamy and good coffee punch... sipped all day on Thanksgiving and Christmas... and put to good use throughout the winter as a little 'pick-me-up'!


See, like I said, I practice on the kids... except sometimes they don't get any -- as in the case of the coffee punch... too much caffeine for my brood! but the big kids loved it ;)


I will share all of these recipes and more as I wander through my kitchen wondering 'what's for dinner'? I will share triumphs, and possibly failures... it all depends. Of course at some point I must share the "Story of the Sweet 16 Cake"... it's a true tear jerker involving 23 hours of work decimated in less than 2.2 seconds... and cats -- it involves cats...my lovely fur-babies....


this one...


my sons incredibly spoiled and food savvy cat....


And my daughter's intrepid "starey" cat as we like to call him... he's also elusive and has yet to allow his photo to be taken by anyone. in three years.


My son's cat, however, as you can see loves the camera almost as much as he loves food, and that's saying a lot...


From the kitchen of a mom, with lots of love!
Magimom

No comments:

Post a Comment