Friday, January 8, 2010

Introduction

I've been on the web for close to 20 years now... I know that seems like a very long time, but really it's not all things considered... I started 'surfing' in the early 90's, when the web was young, and all you had was IRC chats... In all that time I've seen a lot of things on the web. Now, I'm on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace (though very rarely), and various other sites... like Blogger regularly. I've come to one very strange, yet serious (to me) conclusion.... I love food blogs! I love everything about them... the recipes, that always give me ideas of new things to test out on the kiddos... the photos of truly amazing looking food, that I could never HOPE to prepare in my meager kitchen, but do so love to fantasize about! I love the stories that go along with these blogs, the way the writers bring you into their own kitchen and share themselves along with the cooking wisdom. Yes, I'm hopelessly in love with food blogs... and food... and making my kids eat strange and new things.


So I've decided to take my love of writing, and cooking, and taking acceptable photos and put them together here. I'll be sharing some of the meals I prepare, as well as the blog that inspired my cooking and adaptation. 


I don't always follow recipes exactly; honestly, I don't thing any true cook does. I think that most good cooks take a lot of liberty with the written recipe. Especially when it comes to cooking for kids; this is most important when said kids are teenagers with minds, opinions, and attitudes of their own... teenagers who won't hesitate to tell you when they don't like something, by eating a peanut butter sandwich for dinner... when you just spent three hours cooking... 
I test everything on my kids; from appetizers and dips to entrees, beverages, and more... they are little guinea pigs... and they love it - most of the time. 
As I test this stuff out, I'll share it here... just in case anyone is listening... HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment